The Public Health Unit has declared our facility cleared of COVID active cases following a detailed review of all our residents and staff testing results and COVID-safe management plan provided to them over the course of the week.
The PHU’s clearance of our facility allows us to lift the current restrictions in place and residents can resume communal interactions and in-room family visits.
We have closely reviewed all PHU advice and COVID-safe protocols that must be followed by all visitors to ensure the utmost safety of our residents. Our LGA – the City of Greater Dandenong, remains a high-risk area with a high number of active infections. It is with these risks in mind that we ask that you follow our visitation protocols in line with the current CHO Care Facility Directive:
- 5 visitors per resident at one time are permitted
- Visits can occur between 11am-7pm daily. Please email us to book your prefered visit time. This will assist us to conduct all screening requirements and ensure facility density quotients.
- All visitors must show evidence of a negative PCR test (no later then 48hrs). Please ensure you don’t visit high risk settings in between your test date and visit.
- Visitors must take a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) on arrival. This will be conducted by staff and you must sit in your car and await your result prior to entering our facility. RATs take 15mins for results, please arrive at least 20mins earlier than your scheduled visit to allow for this test.
Our Visitor Screening requires visitors to complete both the Vic Gov QR Code and Visitor Screening Declaration QR code located on our front doors. Paper-based forms are available for those without smartphones. In addition, screening requirements include:
- Temperature check of all visitors on arrival.
- Visitors must wear N95 masks and Shields when onsite. These will be provided to you at entry.
- PPE requirements may change and we ask that you follow the advice on the day of your arrival.
- Maintain strict hand hygiene practice and all physical distancing requirements.
- We encourage in-room or outdoor visits with your loved ones. Please avoid entering other resident rooms or sitting in communal indoor areas.
Our protocols will be regularly reviewed to ensure the safety of our residents amongst the current risk setting in the wider community.
We ask that you please follow all protocols in place including the direction of our staff on the day of your arrival to make it a pleasant visit for all.
As we navigate our new COVID-safe settings, we sincerely thank you for your patience and the kindness shown to our team. It has been a challenging few weeks and we thank you for your support as we ensure the health and safety of our residents and staff.