Advice on visiting care facilities change regularly and we endeavour to inform our staff, visitors and contractors of changes as they come to light.
The latest Victorian Chief Health Officer Care Facility Directive can be found here.
Under the current care facilities directive set out by the Victorian Chief Health Officer, the following is restricted:
- Visitors to care facilities will only be permitted for a specified purpose such as providing care and support necessary for the person’s physical, mental or emotional health. The requirement to have a specified purpose does not apply in end-of-life circumstances.
- During the lockdown restrictions, non-essential contractors are not allowed to enter care facilities.
In special circumstances such as end-of-life care, exemptions and visitor limits apply. Families who wish to discuss their special circumstances should speak with the Director Of Nursing.
Video calls are available and encouraged for families and loved ones to use if they wish. To arrange a video call, please call or email us. This allows us time to assist our residents with video call facilities.
Under Metropolitan Melbourne’s current restrictions, face masks are mandatory indoors and outdoors. Visitors permitted entry under the Chief Health Officer directive, must, when entering the facility, follow all COVID-safe protocols in place including:
- Check into the facility using the Victorian Government QR code and completing our Visitor Declaration Form using a smartphone prior to entry. Our staff can also assist you with manual check-in for those without smartphone access.
- Be temperature checked and those with a temperature reading higher than 37.5C will not be permitted entry.
- Wear a facemask at all times and maintain a 1.5m physical distance from others.
If you are feeling unwell and have any cold and flu-like symptoms, no matter how mild, you should get tested for COVID-19, and isolate until results are received.
If you are awaiting a COVID-19 result or have visited an exposure site, you can not enter the facility.
Check regularly the list of exposure sites via the DHHS website.
We continue to monitor the evolving changes and Care Facility Updates by the Chief Health Officer and Victorian Government.
Please continue to check our COVID-19 Updates page regularly.